293 Springfield Rd
Nunawading VIC 3131

Ph 03 8821 4614

Funding options

Kerri-Anne is registered to provide services through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Medicare and major private health insurance extras (if you have taken out cover that includes occupational therapy).

Please see below for funding options that maybe available to you.

Please note that a referral is not required to commence therapy, however, we welcome the below plans at any time.



The GP Mental Health Care Plan is a part of the Better access to Mental Health Care initiative. Medicare rebates are available for patients to receive up to 10 services per calendar year. Rebates under this plan are only available for occupational therapy sessions where the child is present.

Rebates may be available for clients with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), which can be related to anxiety, struggle coping with school, obsessive-compulsive behaviour, other behavioural issues, anger management, attention, sleep and self-esteem issues. Young children with SPD are also often eligible for this, as they are at-risk for major issues in the future. This needs to be discussed with your GP.

Who can refer?
Referrals can be made by a GP or a paediatrician

More information:
Please refer to the Department of Health website.

*Please note not all therapists are registered to provide services under this plan.



(Previously called Enhanced Primary Care)
Rebates under this plan are available for occupational therapy as long as the child is present. Note that it only covers a portion of the therapy cost. Refer to the Department of Health and Ageing’s website for details of rebate amounts.

This plan is available for those with a chronic condition, defined as a medical condition that is ongoing for at least six months. The client must need at least two allied health professionals to be eligible for this plan. Children with learning difficulties and motor or developmental delays are often eligible here if they meet the criteria. Medicare rebates are for up to five eligible sessions per calendar year. The sessions can be made up of five of one type of service (e.g. OT) or a combination of different types of service (eg. 1 dietician, 1 speech pathology and 3 OT sessions).

Who can refer?
Referrals can only be made by a GP.

More information:
Please refer to the Department of Health website.



Early Intervention Assistance Funding
The early intervention funding under the Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) and Better Start Initiative packages are aimed at providing increased access to early intervention for children aged zero to six with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Downs Syndrome, Fragile X, Cerebral Palsy and hearing or visual impairments. The funding supports the delivery of multidisciplinary evidence-based early intervention to facilitate improved cognitive, emotional and social development prior to a child starting school.

To be eligible for the early intervention funding package a child must have received a diagnosis, and have been seen by an Autism or Better Start Advisor and deemed eligible to access the program prior to their sixth birthday. The $12,000 in funding under the early intervention component can be used until the child’s seventh birthday to a maximum of $6,000 per financial year.

Medicare Rebates
Medicare rebates can be accessed by children under 15 years with the same medical conditions as above, as long they received a diagnosis prior to 13 years of age.

A referral under this plan can either be for assistance with the diagnosis process (up to four sessions), or for treatment after receiving diagnosis (up to 20 sessions). Note that these sessions cannot be renewed annually, and can be used for other allied health services as well as OT (with the total number of services not exceeding four and/or 20).

Who Can Refer?
An eligible consultant paediatrician or psychiatrist.

More Information:
Funding for children with autism under HCWA and funding for children Under Better Start – see FaHCSIA website

Funding for children with autism under Medicare – see the Department of Health’s website.